We love this wrap for its savory, sweet combination and I love the easy prep. On a night when you don't feel like cooking, put some frozen chicken tenders in the oven for the young kids and add a few for the adults to enjoy in this wrap. What really adds a wonderful flavor is the fresh mint. Pick it up when you get the mango.
- frozen breaded chicken fingers (depending on size - about 2 - 3 per person)
- VH orange ginger (stir fry) sauce to spread
- mayonnaise and sambal olek (mixed to personal preference)
- lettuce leaves, washed
- mango salsa (recipe follows)
- large flour tortillas (about 2 per person)
mango salsa for 2 - 4
- 2 mangoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 - 1/2 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Bake chicken according to package directions. Five - ten minutes before they are done, spread with VH sauce and return to oven.
- Meanwhile, chop salsa ingredients, mix dressing and then stir the dressing into the salsa.
- Warm up tortillas in a non-stick pan on medium heat and stack on serving plate.
- To serve, lightly spread a tortilla with mayonnaise, sambal olek combination. Top with lettuce, chicken, and salsa. Fold one end over and roll up. Enjoy!
The VH sauce is Canadian and can be found in the Asian aisle of most Supermarkets.