I put this recipe together when I remembered an hour before leaving for a party
that I'd promised to bring an appetizer.
I used what I had in the fridge and it turned out so good I've made it again.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into 1/8 inch pieces
- 6-8 large mushrooms chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (opt.)
- 2 tubes Pillsbury Crescent roll refrigerated dough
- Fry up bacon pieces in a pan until nice and brown.
- Remove from pan to paper toweling.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from pan and add 1tablespoon of butter.
- Add onions and mushrooms to pan and saute' until soft.
- Add cooked bacon, Worcestershire and cream cheese and cook, stirring gently until cream cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Open tubes of crescent roll dough and pat each out into a rectangle, pushing the perforations together.*
- Cut into squares.
- Add a tablespoon of filling to each square.
- Pull corners of dough together to the middle and pinch edges closed. *Alternately, you can separate the perforated triangles, place the filling on the wide end and roll each into a crescent roll shape making sure the filling is completely enclosed. They will be a little larger this way. As you will notice from the pictures, I've done it both ways.
- Place bundles on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with Red Pepper Jelly. You can also make these ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake them, or bake them ahead and reheat in a warm oven.