Here is another refrigerator cookie to add to your collection.
I make these at Christmas and if you cut the cherries into a little larger pieces, these cookie slices will add some colour to your Christmas cookie tray.
The nuts you use will change up the flavour. I'm not sure which I like better, using the almonds or using the pecans. They are both great!
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup each, red glace cherries and green glace cherries, quartered
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, salt and flour, mixing well.
- Add nuts and cherries and knead dough to distribute them evenly.
- Form into 2 rolls and wrap each tightly in waxed paper.
- Chill rolls overnight
- Slice and bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Do not over brown them.