It's baseball playoff season and that calls for something fun to share with friends on game night!
These wonton taco cups are a great alternative to nachos on an appetizer buffet.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 48 wonton wrappers
- oil for brushing
- 3 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups pico de gallo (or salsa)
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- Scramble fry ground beef and onion over medium heat until browned.
- Add taco seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 24 wonton wrappers on work surface. Lightly brush both sides with oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Fit wonton wrapper into a muffin cup, folding and pressing the wrapper into the side to form a cup, making sure the four corners are pointing up. Continue in the same way filling 2 pans (24 cups)
- Fill with 1 heaping tablespoon of taco mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Brush 24 more wonton wrappers with oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and press shells over shells in muffin tins so that now you have 8 tips pointing up in each cup.
- Add another tablespoon of meat into each cup and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add a spoon each of pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream and serve warm.
Makes 24 Wonton Taco Cups