My Mississippi friend, Tammie, has started baking/cooking gluten free for her daughter's health. She uses my gluten free flour mix and it has worked well for her!
This recipe for Salmon Patties is her own recipe which she has now adapted to be gluten free. I made the patties, pictured above, for my husband and myself, and we both enjoyed them.
- 2 (7 oz) cans Salmon, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped (I had no green onions so I used 1/4 cup minced white onions)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup blend of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses
- Blend together all liquids and salmon
- Stir in grated cheese
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to liquids.
- Form into patties
- Add oil to skillet and fry patties on medium heat until well browned.
For gluten free replace flour with
- 1 cup Julie's Flour Mix (minus 2 rounded tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder (slightly rounded)
- 1/4 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- Note- make sure your Worchestershire sauce is gluten free
note - These freeze well. I have frozen the un-fried patties and after a week or two cooked them, finding them to be as good as the ones made and fried fresh.