We have a local Thai restaurant that serves a delicious chicken curry dish that is a favorite of ours. This recipe is similar...with cubed potatoes, chicken and red peppers smothered in a zippy curry sauce.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (156ml) tomato paste*
- 1 can light coconut milk (400 ml. or about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala (add an extra tablespoon of curry powder instead, if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less, if you don't like the heat!)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- Place cubed potatoes, red pepper and onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover with cubed chicken breast.
- Place remaining ingredients (except cornstarch and water) in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Pour sauce over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Close lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- One hour before serving, stir together water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to the chicken curry and mix well. Cover and cook for remaining time.
- Serve on a bed of rice, topped with chopped onion greens.