We walked by a Bistro where they were making fresh guacamole at the table and before long we found ourselves sitting at one of their tables. Who can resist? We ordered a 'guacamole-for-two' salad, prepared right at the table. It was good to the last lick and I would have liked to order another...and another! But instead I had the server explain exactly what she was doing and have already enjoyed my copycat guacamole at home.
- Juice of 1/2 of an orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 avocado, pitted and scooped out of skin
- 1 small Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoon diced red onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground sea salt
- Squeeze juices into bowl.
- Add avocado and coarsely chop.
- Add onions, chopped tomato,and cilantro...fold into avocado mixture.
- Add salt.
- Result should be crudely chopped not mashed.
That’s it. I think the key is to getting avocado that is at it's peak; it should be a little dark-skinned and somewhat soft when squeezed.
I posted a few photos of the 'real thing' over at My Front Porch today, if you want to take a peek. A cast iron bowl for presentation would be nice, but the taste is the same. Enjoy!