Strawberry season is here! All these ingredients combined results in a delicious bar. I know my son would want it in a bowl with milk and that would be delicious as well!
Wrap each individual piece in plastic wrap and you have breakfast to go.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Whisk together flours, oats, sugar, almonds, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Still using pastry blender, mix beaten egg into the crumbly mixture.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Spread *strawberry filling over the base and top with the rest of the crumbs.
- Bake at 375º for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir together strawberries with sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla until combined.