This salad is perfect for a main meal on a hot day! Buy thin flattened chicken breasts so that they can be in and out of the pan in quick order.
Salad Ingredients for 6 servings
- 6 thin flattened chicken breasts seasoned with cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 diced red/yellow/orange peppers
- 1 finely diced red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes / halved
- 4 cobs of corn, cooked and corn cut off
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- cilantro chopped for garnish
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- several dashes cayenne pepper
- water to make the right consistency
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat, add oil and let that heat for a minute. Place 3 chicken breasts in the pan at one time. Let sear on one side until the chicken releases. Tip ~ The best browned chicken is fried in a pan without non stick coating. Flip over and fry another minute. Cut into the thickest part of the breast and once the juice is clear, remove to a cutting board. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Layer salad ingredients in either a large glass bowl or a large platter, ending with the chicken on top.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into the blender jar and blend, adding enough water to make the dressing smooth and creamy.
Serve salad with tortilla chips, fresh salsa and guacamole.