This is a simple, tasty and healthy recipe for salmon
It is equally good done in the oven or on the grill
Surround it with lemons and tomatoes and a few sprigs of fresh dill for a picture perfect entree.
- 1 piece of wild filleted salmon
- 2 lemons
- 2-4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1-2 lemons
- several sprigs of fresh dill - you'll need about 1/4 up coarsely chopped but leave some whole
- handful of fresh parsley - again coarsely chop enough to fill 1/4 cup and leave several sprigs whole
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper or Lemon Pepper
- Cut a large piece of foil - enough to double wrap the salmon. Fold in half.
- Brush centre of foil with butter
- Slice lemon and lay two rows of lemon slices on the foil
- Brush with butter.
- Distribute whole sprigs of fresh parsley and dill over lemon slices and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of the chopped chives.
- Place salmon on top of lemons and herbs and brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped herbs.
- Lay a row of sliced lemon on top of the salmon
- Wrap foil over the salmon and pinch edges together, leaving a vent at the top.
- Grill or oven bake at 325º until fish is done and flakes. (About 10 minutes per 1" thickness)
- Remove to a platter and garnish with lemons, tomatoes and sprigs of fresh dill, parsley and chives. Serve hot or cold.