Here's a simple way to dress up rice.
I serve it alongside prawns, salmon or halibut.
It would also be a good side dish for Sweet and Sour Meatballs or glazed chicken.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded coconut ( I used sweetened coconut)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice as per package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, chop red pepper, onion and celery.
- Heat oil and butter in a non stick frying pan, add vegetables and saute until soft.
- Add coconut and cooked rice and fry a bit longer until coconut browns a little.
- Serves 4 as a side dish.