This is my variation of a recipe I found in a recent Bakefest booklet. It's the kind of cake that you just can't resist taking a slice of - pure, heavenly homemade goodness!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, soft / room temp
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease Bundt pan.
- In mixing bowl beat sugar and butter well then add in the eggs. (If you wish, you can add in just the yolks, beat egg whites separately and fold them into the batter at the very end)
- Add sour cream and flavorings.
- Stir in combined dry ingredients.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before tuning onto wire rack to cool.
- Blend glaze ingredients until smooth. Add a tad more lemon juice if needed to make a thick, runny consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Allow to set.