Today on Flashback Friday I'm revisiting a recipe I originally posted August 3, 2009. The photo I used for the original post was a lemon flavoured version of this recipe. If some of you are looking for that recipe, don't fret....this is the exact recipe, only instead of using lemon jello, I used raspberry jello. In the original recipe I showed it made in a 9x13 pan, and here I've used a 10" spring form pan.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- Melt butter.
- Place sugar and crumbs into the pan of your choice and stir with a fork. Pour melted butter over crumb mixture. Stir together and press buttered crumb mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in 325º oven for 5 minutes. Cool while making the cheesecake mixture.
- 1 370 ml can evaporated milk, chilled at least 1 hour
- 1 small package Jell-O (raspberry or lemon flavour)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (if using lemon jello I also add 1/4 tsp lemon extract)
- Whip chilled milk until thick and frothy.
- Dissolve Jell-O powder in boiling water. Cool, but do not let it set.
- Beat together sugar, cream cheese and extract.
- Combine the three mixtures and beat well.
- Pour over cooled crust. Cover and place in refrigerator to set. (several hours or overnight)