These are a very tasty, easy to make biscuit with all the health benefits of coconut flour and cottage cheese for added protein.
Serve them with soup, with salad, as a snack with cheese, or use them for Strawberry Shortcake Dessert!
Gluten free flour mix
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup white bean flour (or brown rice flour, or chickpea flour)
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup tapioca starch/flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 3/4 cup flour mix
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 rounded tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 cup creamed cottage cheese (undrained) - or buttermilk (or both to make up the 1/2 cup)
- Mix flour salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Grate cold butter into flour, tossing to mix well.
- Whisk together eggs and cottage cheese.
- Pour into dry ingredients and stir , finishing with hands working dough into a smooth ball.
- Turn onto a sweet rice flour dusted counter and knead lightly until dough is smooth.
- Roll out to 1/2" thick and cut into circles, squares or triangles as desired.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and put in fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove biscuits from freezer to oven and bake until lightly browned.