Happy New Year!
Today is the day to make Portzelky (New Years Cookies) !
I wanted to share a salad with you today that we enjoyed often during the last few weeks.
You might still have some pomegranates and this salad is fresh, delicious and healthy too.
The pomegranate arils are like little jewels that brighten up any salad bowl. Buy them now while they are available. A whole pomegranate will store will in the refrigerator for weeks.
The apron is from Menno Apparel! Check their link here for some fun options for your whole family.
Pomegranate Dressing - makes just about a cup of dressing and will be enough for a large container (312 grams / 11 ounces) of spinach
- 4 tablespoons Pomegranate Arils (seeds) 1 Pomegranate will be enough for the dressing and the salad
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (any light tasting oil will be fine)
- baby spinach
- pomegranate arils (seeds)
- toasted almonds slices
- crumbled feta cheese
- To remove the arils (seeds) from the pomegranate, roll the fruit on the counter, slice around the middle, split it in half and then turn it open side down over a bowl and hit the back of the fruit with a wooden spoon to release the arils.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a blender jar and process on high until smooth and frothy. Pour into a small jar with a lid and refrigerate until just before dressing the salad.
- Layer the Salad Fixings in a shallow bowl for best effect. You can make this salad as small or large as you like. (for a large salad you will need two pomegranates.
- Shake the dressing and drizzle it over just before serving.