Before Christmas I shared a recipe for marmalade. I love marmalade with peanut butter on toast, (thank you for that idea Lovella) but wanted to do something else with the jam so I decided to bake marmalade muffins. They are so delicious! I know I will be baking up another batch real soon!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup marmalade
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together eggs, oil, marmalade and buttermilk until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 375º for 20 to 25 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick after 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the tin, then remove and cool on rack.
- These muffins are delicious just as they are but you can brush a little glaze on them if you wish.
- Yields: 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Mix until smooth and drizzle over slightly cooled muffins.