For the chicken:
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone in chicken pieces - I used drumsticks and thighs
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange or peach marmalade
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice.
- 1/2 cup burgundy or dry red wine
- 1 orange cut into thin slices
- Mix flour and seasoned salt and pepper in a shallow bowl
- Dredge chicken pieces one at a time in the flour mixture.
- In an electric frying pan or on the stove, melt margarine and brown chicken over medium heat. Do not crowd the pan.
- Meanwhile mix all sauce ingredients except the wine.
- When chicken is browned on all sides, add sauce and stir to cover chicken.
- Turn heat to a low simmer and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes. Add more orange juice if sauce is too thick.
- Add the wine and orange slices and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
To bake in oven: Place browned chicken pieces in a 9x13 greased glass baking dish . Cover with sauce and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir in the wine and oranges and bake an additional 10 minutes or until heated through)