Tonight it's cold in BC and the rain is pelting down.
It's the perfect night for this yummy apple pudding.
Apples and almonds are nestled in a cinnamon flavoured pudding
surrounded by warm caramel sauce.
Add a scoop of ice cream and you have the ultimate comfort food dessert.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple (about 1/4 " size pieces)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (these add more crunch than the sliced almonds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add milk, stir with a spoon until blended and then add apples and almonds.
- Spread in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that you have buttered on the bottom only.
- Mix sauce ingredients and stir until butter is melted.
- Pour gently over pudding.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until top starts to brown. If you over bake it, you will have less sauce.
When you dish it out, you will find the caramel sauce on the bottom. Serve warm with ice cream.
*To make it ahead, assemble the dry ingredients of the pudding and the sauce and set them aside until you are ready to bake it. Then add the milk to the pudding and the hot water to the sauce, assemble and bake.