During winter and especially at Christmas time, hot apple cider is a nice treat. Sittting all cozy by the lights of the Christmas tree with a cup of cider in hand is a wonderful way to relax. This recipe has a nice twist with the addition of pineapple juice. Goes really well with savory snacks.
- 6 cups of pure apple juice
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 stick of cinnamon, broken into a couple pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool down and refrigerate until time to reheat.