Fair Trade Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters
Kathy and Lovella recently visited Breakfast Television in Vancouver to showcase the products available at Ten Thousand Villages across Canada. Looking for Fair Trade Products for your Christmas giving this year?
- 2 100 g bars Fair Trade Divine Milk Chocolate
- 2 100 g bars Fair Trade Camino Dark Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Fair Trade Zatoun Olive Oil (divided)
Assorted Fruits and Nuts
- 4 oz (112 g) Brazil Nuts (chopped)
- 2.5 oz (75 g) Fair Trade Dried Pineapple (chopped)
- 2.5 oz (75 g) Fair Trade Golden Berry
- 2.5 oz (75 g) Fair Trade Exotic Fruit Mix (Dried Dragon Fruit, organic Golden Berry and Coconut)
- 2.5 oz (75 g) locally sourced dried cranberries
- Himalayan Fair Trade Salt (optional)
- Melted White Chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt Dark and Milk Chocolate each with 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over low heat in separate small saucepans. Stir continuously to keep from scorching.
- Remove from heat, and stir in fruits and nuts as desired. Alternately, leave fruit and nuts out of the melted chocolate allowing a variation of nuts and fruits as to your preference onto chocolate. Placing fruit and nuts on top of the chocolate is a good way to make visible what is in the chocolate for those with nut allergies.
- Using a small spoon, drop chocolate mixture in small mounds. If desired, sprinkle with sea salt or drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Refrigerate to set. Because this recipe does not temper the chocolate, the chocolates should be packaged and stored in the refrigerator.