My friend Jane from work gave brought these little treats to work some time ago. They are a perfect 2-3 bite size homemade chocolate bar. Simply delicious.
- 3 full sized Mars Bars chocolate bars (these are a Cadbury product)
- 3 ounces butter (which is 6 tablespoons)
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cut chocolate bars into small pieces.
- Place them into a heavy bottomed medium sized sauce pan.
- Add butter, and melt over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- Immediately stir in rice krispies.
- Pour mixture into a butter greased 8"x8" pan.
- Melt together chocolate chips and second amount of butter until smooth.
- Quickly spread over mars bars.
- Place in refrigerator to set. Cut into small squares and store in a covered container in refrigerator. They freeze well up to 3 months in a well sealed container.