Game day is ahead of us and it wouldn't be the same without tasty snacks to enjoy with family and friends.
Here is an artichoke dip that has a secret ingredient of white kidney beans for some added goodness.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 - 14 oz/ 398 ml artichoke hearts (not marinated) drained and chopped
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced Light Havarti cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon asian chili paste
- 6 slices bacon, fried and diced
- chives for garnish
- Put the bean in a food processor or blender with juice, sour cream and miracle whip and puree until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and add the remaining ingredients except for the bacon and chives.
- Spray a small casserole or pie plate with cooking spray and fill with bean and artichoke dip. Top with crumbled bacon and sprinkle with chives. Tent with foil and bake in a 350 F oven until hot and bubbly. If it is cold from the refrigerator, allow about 45 minutes or 30 minutes from room temperature. Serve with pita chips or multigrain chips.