Frozen Halibut portions make a quick dinner with fresh veggies and pasta.
There is just enough creaminess in this dish to coat the pasta and make it feel like a special meal... for two...or more
yet light enough to give a hint that spring is coming!
- 4 - 6 ounce halibut fillets (frozen and thawed)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon
- 4 green onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 8 - 10 stalks asparagus
- 4 cups baby spinach (keep one cup for garnish under the halibut)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup cream
- cooked Pasta of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place halibut fillets in a greased (use 1 tbsp butter) baking dish and salt and pepper each piece.
- Slice half the lemon and lay a slice over each piece of halibut. Bake for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- While the fish bakes, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables (except the spinach) and seasonings and fry until just tender.
- Add the wine and the cream and the juice from half the lemon and simmer a few minutes to condense.
- Just before serving add 3 cups of spinach and stir gently until it has wilted.
- Place the halibut over some fresh spinach. Pour the sauce over the halibut and pasta.