If you love the hearty taste of meatballs in your spaghetti but lack time to roll and fry...
this recipe may be just what you are looking for.
Your Italian Mama might not be happy with you opening a jar of spaghetti sauce but we all need a quick trick in our pantry for busy days.
This sauce can be made spicy or mild simply by the Italian sausage you purchase.
- 1 large jar Prego Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Spicy or Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cups cornflakes, crushed with your hands
- Bring the Pasta sauce to a very light simmer.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse the onion, garlic, parsley and egg and salt until finely chopped.
- Add to the ground beef, Italian sausage and crushed cornflakes. Combine with your hands.
- Use a large spring loaded ice cream scoop, drop balls of meat into the sauce and simmer without stirring for 30 minutes. After this time the meatballs should be set and the sauce should be able to be gently stirred. Continue to simmer on the stove top or bake in your oven at 325 for several hours. Alternately, place the meatballs and the sauce into your crockpot for 8 hours on low.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.