We first had this dessert at our daughter's house and I've been meaning to make it for a long time. You say bread pudding and I'm in. It's like glorified French toast. What's not to like?
- 1 loaf thick sliced bread, a few days old
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups skor toffee bits
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Cube bread. I used Texas toast, 60% whole wheat, trimmed crust slightly.
- Butter a 9X13 glass pan and spread bread cubes into greased dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and toffee bits over bread.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, using a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, making sure all the bread gets soaked.
- Let sit for 1/2 hour or for the rest of the day in the fridge.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 F for 60 minutes. If it's as brown as you like, cover with foil, but bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm or cooled with a butterscotch/caramel (ice cream) topping.