A tender little white buttermilk cupcake is a perfect base for all your creative ideas.
Over Easter I made cupcakes together with my grandgirlie and after they were swirled with "green grass frosting"....she sent the bunnies a - hoppin'.
Pistachio instant pudding was a staple in our home when our boys were growing up.
It makes me think...it it time to revisit the pistachio pudding cake...
one of these days.
I am making good use of the Buttermilk Powder that I found in the last months.
It is so handy to have tucked away and I do find it creates the lightest products.
You can of course...
*just substitute Buttermilk for the powder and the water adding it when you would add the water.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar (divided)
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons Buttermilk Powder *
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream together the shortening and 1 cup of the sugar in a large mixing bowl until it is light.
- Beat the 2 egg whites in a clean bowl with a hand mixer. Once the egg whites are foamy, add the 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the shortening/sugar mixture, alternately with the water.
- Fold in the egg whites and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Divide into 24 paper cup cake liners.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Pistachio Cream Frosting
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 - 4 serving size Pistachio instant pudding
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the whipping cream until it is beginning to thicken.
- Add the Pistachio pudding and continue to beat until it is thick and holding its shape.
- Either spread evenly over cupcakes or put the Frosting into a piping bag with a wide star tip and swirl around each cupcake.