The oatmeal and pecans provide fibre and the marshmallows and hint of almond add interest to these yummy cookies.
Keep them handy in the freezer for lunches.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate chips, marshmallows and water over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together shortening, sugar, brown sugar and egg.
- Add extracts, chocolate/marshmallow mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, oatmeal, pecans and chocolate chips and mix again.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 10- 12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from pans to a wire rack or brown paper.
- Store in tightly covered container.