This is the newest favorite treat in my family. Since out of the 6 of us 3 eat Gluten Free it is always nice to be able to serve food that is enjoyed by all 6.
And my granddaughters (one Gluten Free, one not) are always my official taste testers appropriating approval ratings. My Naan bread got rave reviews !
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 1 1/2 tbsp reg. yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup yogurt , I have also used sour cream with great results!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/4 white bean flour
- 1/4 brown rice flour
- 1/2 tapioca starch/flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- sweet rice flour
- Mix sugar and gelatin , add warm water and yeast - let proof
- Beat oil, egg, and yogurt (or sour cream )
- Add proofed yeast
- Blend well together dry ingredients and add all at once to liquids
- Mix together, then beat on high for 2 minutes
- Turn dough out onto counter sprinkled with sweet rice flour
- Using as little sweet rice flour as possible, work into dough only until dough is able to be handled
- Using hands pinch off pieces of dough to form into thin circles
- No need to let them rise for more than a few minutes.
- Pan fry in a hot skillet in a little oil. Brown on both sides -- bread will rise and puff up with bubbles.
- Serve with Judy's Tzatziki Dip , or use for Anneliese's Naan Pizzas, or just enjoy them any way you please !