When you feel pressed for time, you can still make a home cooked meal as an alternative to fast food. It is just so much better for you and will save money too.
This is a tangy chicken dish with just a bit of bite, depending on how hot your taco seasoning and salsa is, combined with a touch of sweetness of the apricot jam.
Forgot to take chicken out of the freezer? No problem, just put your chicken into the microwave for a minute to thaw it enough to cut through.
It takes no time at all to put together, and by the time the rice is cooked and salad is put together supper is ready, all under a 1/2 hour. Faster than the pizza delivery guy!
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite size cubes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, or homemade
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of apricot jam
- 1 cup of salsa
- Brown the chicken pieces in a bit of oil.
- Add the seasoning and water and cook for ten minutes.
- Add the apricot jam, and salsa and cook 20 minutes more.
- Serve over brown or white rice and some fresh veggies on the side.