This is a recipe I've had in my files for many years, but never made it until just recently. The most difficult part for me was to open the packaged Pillsbury crescent rolls. . . that is how easy it is! The recipe is large, but great for a crowd. Leftovers are good too.
- 2 pkgs crescent rolls
- 1 pkg frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced, roughly chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 oz parmesan cheese (for sprinkling)
- Unroll crescent roll pastry and flatten on large (11X17 inch) cookie sheet. (I had a bit of pastry left over, so if you would want to use just one pkg and use a smaller cookie sheet, that would work. However, you'd have to adjust the topping amounts as well.)
- Bake pastry at 375 F for about 12 minutes, until golden.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients, except for Parmesan cheese. (you can do up to here earlier in the day and refrigerate topping to spread on and bake just before serving.)
- Spread onto baked crust and then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 F for another 12-15 minutes. Cut into small serving pieces. Makes 48 - 56 piecess.