AaaaH, the lazy days of summer, hot days, warm evenings, making the time and finding ways to just slow down and enjoy the moment. That is the way it should be in the kitchen also. My friend made these and had them in the freezer on hand just so it would be easy to pull out and have a nice treat in a moments notice. There are lots of freezer ideas for dessert to have on hand to avoid last minute preparations which is great for the summer, just check out our side bar for more ideas, like mud pie, or drumstick cake.....hmmmm. Enjoy the long weekend everyone!
- 1 1/2 cups of melted butter or hard margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of quick cooking Oats
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cups of flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the melted margarine with the sugars til fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients
- Add the dry mixture with the butter mixture
- Drop by spoonful on cookie sheet and bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
- This is a large recipe and makes about 8 dozen cookies.
Check out the recent interview with my self on the radio program "Shaping the family"