This meal/salad can be served, using warm rice and chicken, as an all in one dish meal serving four to six or taken chilled to a potluck. Canned artichokes can also be replaced with roasted red pepper, omitting the fresh red pepper.
- 3 cups cooked brown/wild rice mix (3/4 raw)
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, boned and chopped
- 1 jar canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Ahead of time or an hour before serving, cook rice according to package directions. (usually twice the amount of water as rice)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small container with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, chicken, artichoke hearts, red pepper, avocado and parsley.
- Add dressing and stir gently to mix.
- Garnish with parsley. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.