We have been enjoying fresh lettuce out of our garden this summer.
I simply cut it and fill the clean sink with cold water,
add the lettuce leaves and then transfer it to the other clean sink filled with cold water. Once it is clean, I put it in a salad spinner and store what we can't use for one meal in a zippered bag.
- fresh leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 8 very thin slices of red onion, quartered
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- Arrange fresh garden lettuce on each salad plate.
- Divide the almonds, onions, and berries evenly between the plates.
- Combine the sour cream, vinegar, and sugar. Put in a squeeze bottle and drizzle over the salad. This will ensure that every bite has a bit of dressing and will allow the salad to remain pretty to the last bite.