We have been enjoying fresh lettuce out of our garden this summer.
I simply cut it. ..and fill the clean sink with cold water. .
let it sit. .then transfer it to the other clean sink filled with cold .. and then back once more to the first clean sink filled with clean water again. Then I put it in a salad spinner and store what we can't use for one meal in a zippered bag.
- fresh leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 8 very thin slices of red onion, quartered
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar. .or to taste
- Arrange fresh garden lettuce on each salad plate.
- Divide the almonds, onions and strawberries evenly between the plates.
- Combine the sour cream, vinegar and sugar and put in a squeeze bottle and drizzle over the salad. This will ensure that every bite has a bit of dressing and will allow the salad to remain pretty. .to the last bite.