These potatoes are true comfort food.
The recipe comes from my friend Lynda and although it's basically a scalloped potato dish,
the seasonings and the cream elevate it to company fare.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups light cream*
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 10-12 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- Melt butter in microwaveable bowl
- Using a whisk, blend in flour
- Gradually add cream, whisking until mixture is blended and smooth
- Microwave on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Stir well and return to microwave, cooking until sauce is thick, stirring every minute.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, rosemary and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, stirring well.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and pour sauce over them. Use a spatula to mix until all the potatoes are coated with sauce.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch pan and top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.