Happy Valentines Day dear ones!!
When I bought some high fibre cereal with good intentions of adding it to our diet and found it took a long time for two people to eat that much cereal for breakfast I needed to get creative with places to tuck it in.
My mom in law gave me this sweet little muffin tin which I enjoy using for special coffee breaks with special folks. . .and sometimes just my Valentine!
I like making this recipe because it has a zipper bag and one bowl method.
Next time you know your morning will be a rush. . .put the dry ingredients in a zipper bag the night before and your muffins will be half done.
Bananas and Cranberries add a huge boost of flavour to this muffin. They keep moist for lunch boxes and for special coffee dates. . .add a dab of cream cheese frosting and a banana slice to spread a little love!
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put the bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the egg and sugar and using the masher, continue to whip the mixture to combine.
- Add the milk and melted butter and stir together.
- Put the cereal in a medium sized seal-able bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bag and shake to combine.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and add the cranberries.
- Fill 12 muffin lined cups and bake about 25 minutes or until the muffins test clean with a toothpick.