Today is my dear Hubby's Birthday and I am sure he will enjoy a piece of birthday cake.
Happy Birthday Tony and may God bless you as much as you have blessed me!
(EVEN BIGGER THEN THAT....)
This is a blender recipe, very quick and easy. I like those kind of recipes, don't you?
This recipe comes from my home church, Sargent Ave cook book, submitted by Anna Epp.
As usual I changed it up a bit, but will post the original and then tell you what I did.
I didn't use the Mocha filling, instead I filled with with Nutella Whipped Cream....
are you drooling yet? Why not fill it with both.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp flour (if you changed it to rice flour it is gluten free)
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Hazelnut filberts (mine were flaked)
- In a blender put eggs, sugar and beat on low speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and nuts.
- When thoroughly blended pour into two 8 inch greased cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (they do not rise very much)
- When cake has cooled for 10 minutes, remove from pan
- When cooled completely slice each cake in half to give for layers, or you may leave as is.
- Fill with Mocha filling and whipped cream or with the Nutella whipped cream
- 2tbsp. soft butter, creamed
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. strong hot coffee
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Cream butter with icing sugar, coffee cocoa and vanilla.
- Spread between layers using filling and 1 cup sweetened whipped cream.
- Decorate with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- Nutella to taste about 1/2 cup
- Whip the cream with the Nutella
- Fill the cake
- Decorate with more whipped cream and nuts or chocolate