- 1 day old store purchased baguette
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 head garlic
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsely (optional)
- Thinly slice the baguette .. about 1/4 inch thick .. no more.
- Slice off the top of the garlic bulb .. drizzle with olive oil. . about 1 tablespoon
- Wrap the bulb of garlic in foil and put in 350 oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine cooled garlic and butter and parsely.
- Spread over the thinly sliced baguette.
- Place the pieces on a cookie sheet. . .and toast in oven at 325 until crisp.
- Allow to cool.
When I am in a hurry . .I combine several cloves of garlic with softened butter. . .it still is much better than purchased croutons. If I forgot to buy garlic. . .I lightly spread butter over the croutons. . or give them a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic seasoning and then toast them. (the day I took the picture. . .was one of the "a quick sprinkle of garlic seasoning days".
These work perfectly on home made Caesar Salad Dressing that Charlotte recently posted.