- 1/2 bag spring mix pre-washed salad greens
- 1/2 bag romaine and iceberg mix
- green onions (personal prefference)
- 1/2 cup fetta cheese (approx)
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits (approx)
- 2 small cans mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup toasted almond slices (or caramelized nuts)*
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 -2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Prepare salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix dressing ingredients well and pour on just before serving.
* When I make this salad, I don't add the soy sauce. I toast and caramalize blanched almonds by putting them in a Teflon pan on low to medium heat, and stirring them for a few minutes. Then I sprinkle them with a few tablespoons of brown sugar and keep stirring until the sugar melts and sticks to the nuts. Warning: Don't walk away . . . keep stirring until done. Cool and sprinkle on salad.
This also makes a nice pre-dinner plated salad.