- 1 large brick of Velveeta Cheese
- 2 cans of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of medium or hot salsa (with all the cheese it isn't that hot when you use the hot sauce)
- 1 farmer sausage, browned and crumbled, that is what makes it Mennonite, grin.
- or 1/2 lb of ground beef and 1/2 lb of ground pork browned and drained, instead of farmer sausage.
- a can of pork and beans or black beans may be added as well, that is optional, I didn't use it this time but it is good.
This makes a lot of dip, and left overs freeze well.
Also the recipe is very easy to half if you would like to serve less.
Serve with multigrain taco chips, or some veggies.
Try using lower fat and lower sodium ingredients where possible.
Or try using some as a dressing for Taco Salad for the next day.