- 1-2 cups rice - I use Basmatti
- 1 1/2 lb. hamburger
- 1 meduim onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp. curry powder (you can add more if you like)
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Fry up the hamburger and onion, breaking it up as it browns. Remove as much fat as you can.
- Add the seasonings and cook another minute or two.
- Serve family style. To assemble, place hamburger over the rice on your plate and then add the condiments.
- grated Cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped cucumber
- sliced bananas
- diced canned or fresh peaches - mangos would work too
- chopped peanuts
- shredded coconut
- chopped red onion - if desired
You can vary the condiments according to what your family likes. You do need something juicy, like mango or peaches otherwise, pick and choose according to your taste. Chutney would be a good addition as it is traditionally served with curry.