Making French Toast is a simple way to add protein and calcium to bread .. and if you go easy on the syrup. .and use healthy bread. . .it could be considered a good breakfast choice. For the French Toast that I made while camping .. .I used cinnamon bread that we had picked up at a lovely little village bakery. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled depending on how many are coming to sit at your breakfast table.
- 1 egg for each person
- 1/4 cup milk for each person
- a quick dash salt
- 2 slices of bread for each person
- In a medium sized flat bottomed bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Add the dash of salt and combine.
- Heat a non stick fry pan to medium and melt a teaspoon of butter, spreading around the pan.
- Soak each slice of bread and lay into the fry pan .. turn once when bottom has browned. Keep french toast warm in the oven until ready to serve.