- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 med)
- 2-3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream
- Grease and flour 2 small loaf pans.
- Mash bananas and mix with orange concentrate. Set aside.
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually. Add eggs, banana pulp and vanilla.
- Stir in combined dry ingredients, alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake at 350° F about 40 min. or until toothpick comes out clean. The original suggestion is to serve it with whipped cream, but you don’t need a thing on it when it’s fresh. Freezes well.