The ingredient list is very simple but you will need one piece of critical equipment. You must use a heavy enamel cast iron pot, either round or oval doesn't matter but it must have a heavy lid. My pot is oval and measure 4 inches high, 10 long and 8 inches at the widest.
Multigrain No Knead Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Multigrain Flour. . . or Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of All Purpose White Flour
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten (some bread flours don't seem to need this)
- 1/4 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 - 2 tablespoons of water
- Stir the flours and the gluten together in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast and the salt.
- Add the room temperature water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 12 - 15 hours.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in a a heavy enamel cast iron pot with a lid.
- Shape dough into a ball and place on a piece of parchment paper covered with a large bowl for an hour or until double.
- Place heavy dutch oven with with lid into the oven and preheat to 450F.
- Remove pot from oven, place the dough with the parchment paper inside, place on lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until evenly browned.
- Remove bread with parchment to a wire rack to cool.