I don't know where salads get their names from, but this one is inspired by one I had in a restaurant, so I'll call it by the same name. You can add chicken to it, but it's a wonderful lunch served with Judy's Savory Cheddar Scones.
Ingredients: (for 2 extra large or 4 medium salads)
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked edamame beans (cook 5 minutes in minimum amount of water)
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cups candied walnuts*
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese
Sweet Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried cilantro or parsley (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Layer salad ingredients in a large bowl or on indivitual plates.
- Whisk or shake all dressing ingredients together.
- Drizzle on top or mix into salad.
*To make candied walnuts: Place nuts in a small fry pan. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons brown sugar. Stir over medium heat until sugar melts and sticks to nuts. Remove to a small bowl to cool.