For Flashback Friday, I pulled up this recipe I first posted here in June of 2012 ... I recently made them again ... and tried baking them instead of frying - baking instead of deep frying will be my preferred method from now on ... I have a new oven that has the convection option which I have never had before and I am loving the difference it makes in meat and vegetables.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts -- ( or about one per serving)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1/2 loaf of gluten-free bread crumbs.
- 1 cup starch (cornstarch, arrowroot, tapioca, sweet rice, potato - or a combo) spiced to taste ( I use salt, pepper, anise seed, a little Thyme)
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- oil - for drizzling
1. Marinate chicken in ziplock plastic bag with milk and garlic clove for about 2 hours -- or longer
2. Drain chicken and cut breasts into 1/2 -3/4 inch wide strips
3. Place bread crumbs, starch, and eggs in three separate bowls
6. Serve hot ! Delicious !!!