This potato dish gets rave reviews and is simple to make.
I thought it worthy of a Flashback Friday post.
- potatoes (1-2 per person)
- Buttermilk Dressing (recipe follows)
- bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces, fried until crisp and drained on paper towel
- Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, grated and tossed together
- chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bake, or boil potatoes in their skins, They should be cooked through but still firm.
- Meanwhile, mix Buttermilk Dressing.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar or gravy shaker and blend until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 2 inch cubes and place in buttered baking dish.
- Drizzle Buttermilk Dressing over potatoes. Don't drench them in the dressing but be sure all the potatoes have some dressing on them.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Sprinkle with the green onion or you can wait until the potato dish is baked and sprinkle the green onion over the dish just before serving.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are thoroughly heated and dressing is bubbling.