- 2 pound boneless rump, top sirloin or round roast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 4 yellow or red potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 4 cups green beans, frozen or fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Tuck peeled garlic cloves under twine.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, splash of wine, rosemary and sage.
- Cook on high for 5 - 6 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours
- Half hour before serving, cook quartered potatoes. Cook chopped carrots in a separate small pot for 5 minutes. Stir together carrots, green beans, olive oil and 1 crushed garlic clove. Roast at 400° F for 30 minutes in foil lined pan.
- When ready to serve, remove roast to serving plate and cover.
- To make gravy, shake 1 tablespoon flour with 1/2 cup water in a jar, and add to roast beef juices, stirring until thick. If you like, you can pour the juices into a pot through a sieve and do the same. There will be lots of gravy. Add some rolls to sop it up. Serves 4 ( use a 3 - 4 pound roast to serve 6 - 8)