It's that time of year again when many of us are making all kinds of treats and sweets. A few years ago I posted this recipe, and I think it's worth sharing again.
- 6 cups Shreddies
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 10 cups Rice or Corn Chex
- 6 cups pretzels
- 6 cups Bugles
- 6 cups peanuts, optional
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Seasoning salt
- Measure all cereal, pretzels, bugles and peanuts into a large bow. Stir to combine.
- Melt butter and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle melted butter/seasoning mix over cereal mixture a little at a time stirring between to make sure the butter mixture is well distributed.
- Place mixture on large baking sheets or in large roaster and bake at 250º F for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Store in airtight container or in zip lock bags.
** these keep well in the freezer if tightly sealed***