Delight your guests with this wonderfully light and delicious dessert. If you enjoy coconut add it to the pudding, or leave it out you will have a vanilla flavoured pudding. Serve with Crimson Raspberry sauce.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flaked semi sweet coconut, optional
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- In a sauce pan mix together sugar, gelatin and salt. Add milk.
- Stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar have dissolved. Mixture does not need to boil, but it will be hot. Chill until partially set. Add vanilla.
- If adding coconut, fold into chilled mixture.
- Whip cream and fold into above mixture.
- Lightly spray a 1 1/2 quart mold with cooking spray and pile pudding into mold. Chill until firm. (at least 4 hours or overnight)
- When ready to serve place serving plate over mold and gently flip out onto plate.
Crimson Raspberry Sauce:
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
Mix together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring until mixture is clear and slightly thickened. While hot strain through a fine sieve. Cool clear sauce.
Pour sauce over individual servings. Sauce can be slightly warmed or served cold.