I had some leftover roasted yams and was looking to make a quick lunch that has since become a favorite. It may surprise some, how nachos this healthy can be so delicious!
- 2 small yams, cubed small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper and cumin, some good shakes of each
- 1 - 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn, steam cooked
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- fresh cilantro or parsley and lime
- Drizzle peeled and cubed yams with oil and season. Roast at 400 F until tender, about 30 - 40 minutes. Add black beans for last few minutes to heat.
- Remove from oven and stir in corn and salsa. (you can also roast corn along with yams, adding half way through)
- Top with freshly chopped avocado and fresh herbs. Squeeze some lime juice on top.
- Serve hot with multi grain tortilla chips or your favorite nacho chips.